I know the title of this post is a little outta-the-blue, but let me explain. So today when I came home from work, it was so nice just to be able to spend some time with Andrea and Kienan, my two favorite people. Somewhere along the way, I sat down on the hardwood floor with Kienan, and we began building little towers out of building blocks. Come to find out, Kienan had a far greater interest in demolishing than he ever did in building. Every time I started to build something, he would come crashing down on it. I compare it to someone trying to build a sandcastle with the tide continually washing it away. Not only would he knock down what I was building, but any block that was standing on end HAD TO GO! Blocks in my hands....yep, those had to go as well. It was hillarious! I'm guessing he's going to be one of those kids that struggles getting along with other kids when toys are involved. (Hopefully not!)
The second part of this post's title refers to my EMT class today. It was on Obstetrics and Gynecology (yeah, not exactly two words I'd find myself using in my next Sacrament meeting talk). Now, I was there for all of Kienan's delivery and birth, and I was truly impressed then with the miracle of life; motherhood is truly something to be admired. However, today really opened my eyes to a whole new ball park. Pregnant women face many potentially life-threatening situations. Many that I never knew possible before my class today. All I can and will say to all you mothers, soon-to-be mothers, thinking-about-being-a-mother mothers, and so on is....thank you! Thank you for all the risk you take to bring something so miraculous about. I've seen and been through the 9 months of hell with my own wife and our son, just to get up to the plate and have to face the roller-coaster ride of labor after it all, but it was worth every moment and every shed tear to see the bright smiling face of my little buddy today! Thank you to all you who make this possible and hold it as something so very special! Thank you!
3 comments:
ahhhhhhh i'm going crazy! i miss that little boy soooooooo much i can't stand it! i need to come squeeze him and kiss those little cheeks - the ones he uses to smile :) haha. i really am looking forward to seeing you three at the end of the summer in idaho! hope all is going well. i still can't get over seeing kienan toddling around. he's so freaking adorable!!!!!!
i love it! what a funny kid and so cute. and just in case you haven't checked out our blog yet, i am one of those expecting mothers! oh, and we have the same anniversary--cool
Thanks for the invite to the blog. I'm glad you guys finally started to actually use yours! :) I can't believe how big your little guy is. Oh how the years fly by.
Post a Comment